Thursday, July 28, 2005

Why am I alone on this island?



I have a secret. I have kept it to myself, but now I am ready to share it with the world.

I liked The Island.

There.

I said it.

I feel so liberated.

I have no idea why this movie is not doing well. I know, I know. Michael Bay. No one likes the guy. Then why have his movies grossed over $1 billion?

I thought The Island was a good movie, not a great movie, but a good one. I was entertained; mission complete. I liked the characters, the chases where cool, stuff blew up. Did it tug at my heartstrings? No. Did it make me think about my place in the universe? No. Was I entertained? Yes.

So, please, someone tell me why I shouldn’t like this movie.

4 Comments:

Blogger david golbitz said...

I actually heard it was Bay's best movie to date. Granted, that may not be saying much, but it's sort of a compliment.

I wanna see it. Not sure if I'll get to it in the theatre or not, though. So many movies, so little money.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

I saw it at the drive-in. It's a great drive-in movie!

-S

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is an interesting take on it, Bay is passing the buck

http://www.latimes.com/business/printedition/la-fi-island26jul26,1,3028828.story?coll=la-headlines-pe-business&ctrack=1&cset=true

4:04 PM  
Blogger Matthew Reynolds said...

I have to admit I've never seen a Bay movie before. I'm not really one for all that action stuff , and from the little I've seen of his movies(trailers, clips) it looks like it's pretty much a pile of c**p. It takes a lot for me to watch anything with Ewan McGregor in, but if it's directed by Bay as well, forget it. Lets watch Family Guy instead.

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home