Friday, March 25, 2005

Get off my box

Enough is enough!

1) The government should not care what I watch on television.

2) If you see something that you don’t like on television, turn the channel.

3) My neighbor should not care what I watch.

4) If my neighbor sees something he doesn’t like on television, he should turn the channel and trust that I have the good sense to do the same if I so desire.

5) The FCC has too much power

6) Rep. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) is my new hero

What am I talking about? The House has passed an “Indecency Bill” that would increase fines to $500,000 per violation. Well Senator, get out your checkbook because I am offended!

Some of you will say that the FCC is merely enforcing the will of the people, but according to an article by Jeff Jarvis, the FCC is acting on complaints by as little as three people.

THREE PEOPLE!!

And the fine that resulted from that particular complaint resulted in a record judgment of $1.2 million against FOX.

$1.2 million!

Three people!


But wait, there’s more!

Senate Commerce Committee Chairman Ted Stevens is pushing to apply broadcast decency standards to cable television.

Goodbye, "Sopranos"

Goodbye, "Sex in the City"

Goodbye, "Six Feet under"

And goodbye to all the “R” rated movies on HBO.

But there is a glimmer of hope on the horizon. Representative Bernie Sanders (I-VT) announced the introduction of legislation to prevent the government from censoring the content on popular cable T.V. shows and Internet websites.

But he can’t do it by himself. So, call your legislators and tell them to leave our televisions alone. Click here to find all of the telephone numbers and addresses you will need.

If this entry offended you, then you should have stopped reading, Dumbass!

1 Comments:

Blogger furnhusch said...

I'm glad somebody has the courage to censor the smut that's out there!

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home