Saturday, September 24, 2005

Writing + Teaching=???

How are you doing? You look great. I love your hair like that, did you change it?

First off, thanks to Shawna over at Shouting into the Wind for her concern about my absence.

Well, school is in full swing and I have been a little busy. Last year I taught reading all day which was nice because there wasn’t much grading to do at night. This year will be filled with essays and grammar! To make things more exciting, I took on the freshman English class the day before school started, so I am still prepping for the year. Luckily, we have a great team of teachers, and last year, they mapped the entire year out.

So where does that leave writing? Not sure yet. I just received an email from Warren about The Screenwriting Life’s Group Script Project, and I’m up next, after Shawna. I haven’t read the pages so far because I didn’t want to get any ideas early on that couldn’t be worked into the script. I can’t wait to read it and add my two cents! I have stopped the rewrite on INSECURE there is too much there. I wrote in over a three-year period so it is a bit garbled and disjointed. My wife gave me some great notes on it but I have no idea where to begin. I am going to send it to my friend, Brian this week and get his take on it. He doesn’t know this yet, so Brian, if you’re reading this, would you mind?

I have started my second screenplay which is tentatively called THE WANDERING HOUR. I have actually started work on this in screenplay and novel form and I am still not sure which way I will go.

So that is what I have been up to. Next up is my 10-year wedding anniversary on October 7th. Pam and I are going up to Monterey to a bed and breakfast.

I hope everyone is doing well and I write soon.

-S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home