Monday, June 13, 2005

Next Year

I teach reading at a Southern California high school and I am funded under Title I, which means that I am contracted year-by-year as funding allows. I have already been rehired for next year and, with my schools population, I feel I will be needed at this school for many years to come. This position is very rewarding, but, it is not a permanent position and I can’t attain tenure. Well, I have an interview next week for a permanent position. There are three positions open and I am gunning for Junior English, American Lit. It is in the Vista Academy, which stands for Viking Informational System Telecommunications Academy.

The program operates in conjunction with Rio Hondo Community College, the University of Southern California, and members of the communications industry such as Digalog Technology Inc., Pictures In a Row, and the El Monte Cable Network Corporation.

These partnerships include hands-on experience in behind-the-scenes production and working with professional cinematographers. The goal of the program is to articulate students through the world of work via colleges and professional production companies which may lead to careers in communications and bridge the language barriers between English and Spanish.

Oh, and I get a Powerbook.

-S

1 Comments:

Blogger david golbitz said...

Good luck, man. I hope you get one of the positions, if for no other reason than they hook you up with a Powerbook.

Not really a Mac fan, myself, but hey, a free laptop is a free laptop. ;)

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home