Tuesday, May 24, 2005

What is wrong with TV execs?

So, you follow a television show all season; sitting down every week at the same time watching the people you have grown to love, or despise, as the case may be. Then, the time comes for the season finale. You sit down; same time, same channel and what do you get? You missed it. There were two finales this week that I planned to watch and both were aired early. Now, I’m sure that it was advertised somewhere, but I don’t listen to ads. I just watch my shows. Lucky I was looking at my on-screen guide and caught the change. Why do television executives change the days and times of season finales? My wife has a theory; she thinks that they do it on purpose so that we will have to watch the reruns.

Does anyone have an answer for this?

And while we are on the subject; why did WEST WING end a month early?

I miss Aaron Sorkin.

-S

2 Comments:

Blogger david golbitz said...

What shows did you miss?

And it's stories like this that make me want DVR or video-on-demand. Great article in Newsweek this week about the future of television.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Hey Dave!

I actually got to see them because I have digital cable. On demand is awesome! Right now I am watching last seasons ENTOURAGE.


-S

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home